Sunday, April 18, 2010

So another week come and gone. Last Monday we were lucky and got to eat some fufu as an Easter treat at Comfort Bruce's house. Her and her son are still looking at being baptized on the 24th. Hopefully we can get her daughter and others involved too. We are teaching a man named Emmanuel Osei and his family. He is probably in his sixties. The cool thing about him is 1. He loves coming to church 2. he smells like Grandad's doghouse! I know it sounds crazy but so true. Brings back memories of standing and having my height measured and all of those things. OOO and parched corn. Since Tuesday was the 180th anniversary of the church being organized we went to this placed called Tangier's who sells some pizza to celebrate. It was pretty well I thought amazing pizza but the other Americans told me I just have been in Ghana too long. My bad.

Met some really interesting people. Taught a Jew this week named Zebulon, I think. He is a Messianic Jew. They believe that Jesus is the Savior and all the things pertaining to that. They do believe that you should only take communion during Passover. That seems like the main basis of the religion is keeping the Passover by taking the communion. He didn't make a lot of sense though. We taught a girl who wants us to come back and teach her Lesbian friend to stop being a lesbian. It was a little awkward. She does it for money. Met a guy named Alexander Appiah who has had a Book of Mormon for over 10 years. The cover and stuff are damaged though so he didn't actually know what it was and it really confused him. He just would read it he said and liked what it taught. While we were teaching him though his daughter or neighbor girl kept staring at her. Because of the area we were in I asked her if she hadn't ever seen a white person this close. She told me yes she had but not one as handsome. Everyone busted up laughing except Elder Saidu. He said he didn't understand it.

We met a man named Romeo and have been teaching him and preparing him to be baptized. He has a little dog named Cedi. One time we were teaching this past week and Cedi came up and just starts humping my leg like there is no tomorrow! There went the spirit in that lesson. We taught a guy who is friends with a member and I think I made him really really really angry. He had the typical mindset that if you say Jesus Christ or God in anything you teach and it is okay that is "THE WORD" as they refer it. I kind of just told him that wasn't the case and that no we really have to choose sides on what we believe and how to go about religion. He wouldn't talk after that and as we were leaving he asked me who I thought I was that I could pass judgement on what was right or wrong. I know I didn't do anything wrong but afterward I felt horrible like I should have been able to at least of more tactfully been able to of put it I guess. Doubt that was any kind of good seed though.

Sunday Pres. Cardon came to our ward and basically told us how amazing conference was. It went pretty well. Yeah I think that is about all I'm remembering from this week. I love you guys and hope all is well.

Chickens run like wild herds here, it is crazy.
Love Travis

No comments: