Saturday, November 6, 2010

11-1-2010

Hey guess what . . . It's NOVEMBER! Yeah I sat in bed this morning for a while just convincing myself that it was here. Almost makes me want to break out Christmas music since we are so close . . . almost. So this week I have some more about Eric and Doris. Eric basically told us that he wants to go to heaven and wants to do what he can to get there. I know everyone I teach should say things like that but if they feel like that they usually don't verbalize it. Doris is having people basically persecuting her for coming to church and having us come and teach her. Basically they say bad things about the church and just don't really treat her as nicely. Which is funny because now in spite she cooks us food. Then has us eat it so that everyone sees it. I don't really understand but she can cook pretty good so we don't really mind.

This week we met a really ugly man. We were walking in an area that basically I have never been because the people treated the missionaries a little rough. Anyway as we were walking this guy totally comes running at us and starts yelling at us trying to just give it to us for well to be honest I couldn't understand him because he was going in and out of twi.I don't really know what his problem is but I hope he gets it worked out. So I gained a new testimony about why we should only teach literate people. We met a guy named Lawrence who is way churchy. He goes about 3 times a week and all those kinds of stuff. He doesn't know how to read, but speaks amazingly good English which usually people who read can't. The reason why I say I learned a lot better why we don't teach people who read is that he has to be told what to believe. His pastor has basically fed him a lot of strange ideas but because his pastor is his friend, who steals his phone and other stuff by the way, he takes it and believes it to be the truth. Yeah it is all kind of messed up.

I was counted during the cenus they are doing in Ghana. Yeah I don't really know why but oh well. The guy who came around doing it is named Mustapha and he is a Muslim. Part of the questionnaire is about religion. There was a question about whether I accepted the Koran as inspired from God. He saw that I had checked no and ended up having a 45min discussion about it and trying to give him a Book of Mormon. It was interesting and I learned a lot but I'm glad I'm not Muslim. Haha even Mohammad was an illiterate which is funny with my other experience this week.

My trainer called me this week. Found out he actually lives in my zone and so he invited me to come to his house and eat dinner. Oh and I'll get to meet his wife. I'm pretty excited but at the same time just oh well. So today we went and played soccer with some of the other missionaries. Ended up pretty good though we had to keep telling people to calm down because they were going kamikaze. When we came back around the light was off so we went out and now that the light is back I came and emailed. So something else that was really exciting this week is that I got my flight plans! We will be flying into Sky Harbor late on Wednesday Nov. 30. Like 11:30pm You are all invited if you want to come and see us.

No comments: