Monday, January 11, 2010

Well what a week. At least it went pretty good. I am kind of having a hard time people asking about money. I know that life is tough and everything but still church shouldn't be looked at as just a no interest bank. We went on splits this week with the people in my District. I spent a long day walking around finding in another area. It wasn't too bad but I was glad to get to go back to my area. We had a really long power out this week. Went over 48 hrs. It was a lot easier to get to sleep with a fan for sure. Keeps more of the bugs and what not away from you too. We are teaching a guy who lives next to his grandma. She saw us and kind of disappeared which we were kind of use to because she hasn't seemed to like to us too much. As we were getting up the old woman came out and told us she had something for us. Sitting back down she brought out a big bowl of banku. UGH. Luckily we were able to just down it really really quick.

We had Interviews with President Smith this week. It was a little rough. He had everyone bring their area books. Luckily mine passed because we work on it but pretty much every other one was a failure. Made for a little chastisement. It was pretty deserved though. We went to our Ward Mission Leader's house and his land lady basically started yelling at us because we wanted to see him. She is just kind of like that. Our Ward Mission Leader called us back because she was still letting him have it. We had to go back and apologize for not asking her if we could knock on his door. It was pretty interesting and I had a hard time keeping a straight face.

I met some people I had taught in my first area. It was cool because they remembered me and everything too bad I didn't remember them. Maybe if they would have been baptized. So there was a funeral right outside our apartment so we haven't really got to sleep since Friday night. Saturday was wake keeping till about 4 am. Then last night was the party. Had a stack of speakers about the size of a shed playing Ghanaian hip hop. They definitely know how to send someone out in style. That is kind of the highlights of the week. Hope everyone is having a good week!

One thing here is that they take such meaningless things and make them so important in their lives. I guess thankfully the gospel keeps you rooted in what is right. Helps us to know what we need to do and where to go.

love 'uncle travis'

No comments: