Monday, February 8, 2010

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!!!‏

Hey another week has come and gone. This one brought a few more changes though. It was transfers so our apartment is a little different. I will be staying in Kaneshie for at least another transfer which will make it 6 months that I've been here. The Nigerian elder was transferred and there is now another American. An Elder Schmidt from California. He is the same MTC group as Elder Saidu so he has been out just over 3 months. He is a pretty sweet guy though. Definitely has a good head on his shoulders. We amazingly have a problem with NOT wanting to baptize someone. There is a woman we are teaching who basically wants to be baptized because we give the gift of the Holy Ghost, but the problem lies in the fact she doesn't really want to leave her church. It has kind of been tense explaining everything to her. It kind of feels like she just doesn't want to listen but we're trying.

I found an appreciation for the Gospel Principles book this week. Several of our investigators were able to get one and they love it! Makes for some pretty easy teaching. We had leadership training this week which is always a learning experience. It is really easy to tell the Pres. Smith was a very very good businessman. He is kind of teaching us some of the things he has adapted from his career to run the mission. Basically lots of paperwork and incentive, sort of. I saw a guy this week who was riding a bicycle who only had one leg. Thought the guy was a stud cause he was just pumping along and was booking it. I had a lady try and give me a hug this week. It was really awkward because she was really FAT and I kept just backing up and kind of tripped over a rock which saved me since I stumbled enough to be able to turn away and just wave goodbye. That was about the excitement for the week.


I love you guys!
love Elder Travis

No comments: