Thursday, May 20, 2010

Here is to another week in Ghana. Something that happened this week was a like full out war against The Book of Mormon from people we are teaching. Literally it just getting thrown at us left and right. Sometimes things are just hard for people to accept right off the bat. This week we had to travel to a smaller area outside of Konongo. We went and met a lot of really nice people. Except seeing all of the we stayed WAY too late. Had a hard time catching any kind of transport back so we started walking. Walking through a road kind of cut through the forest out here is a new experience. I really enjoyed it. Though as it got darker and darker I was glad a car came and picked us back. Walking the whole way would have been horrible. It was nice to just have a time to kind of relax a little bit and just think about whatever.

This week I spent a lot of time in cars though. My body hurt after it. On Friday we went about 3 1/2 hours one way to meet Pres. Smith. Where he rubbed my head and kept commenting on how much he loved my hair. Guess I'm special like that. After that we of course came back and then on Sunday spent about 2 hours in a car travelling to a branch we attended and another 2 coming back. We met some way sweet people at that branch though. One guy just wandered into church and basically hasn't left since. We sat down and taught him and it was sweet as he was like I've read all of this. I want to know about tithing, when can I start paying. Yeah he'll be baptized, just need to work on his family. Also since it was our first Sunday there we were able to meet some returned missionaries who are going to definitely be our biggest assest. They are kind of finding some people so we can use our time more to just teach when we come there. I'm getting pretty excited.

Things are coming together in a pretty massive way. We just keep finding and finding people who are way sweet. Thankfully. I think that is most of the exciting things. Oh we are going to a birthday party of a sweet little girl tonight after some appointments. This family basically will just call us and ask if we are hungry. They fed us some turkey last time. You better believe I started thinking of Thanksgiving. ;D Yeah I'm excited. Oh this morning we went from having a sandstorm that drove everyone in doors to it raining cats and dogs in about 5 mins. I think the weather coudln't decide what to wear because it is now sun shiny day! Love ya guys! Hope it is all going well.

Elder Gibson

No comments: