Monday, May 3, 2010

So here is the run down of my week. Hold onto your pants. Tuesday morning woke up and felt horrible. Had some flu like stuff that has kicked my trash nearly all week. Finally getting on top of that. Best thing that morning Pres. Smith calls and he and his wife are coming for apartment inspections. Whirlwind cleaned so we can cover everything up best we could. When they got there Pres. lets Sis. Smith do the inspection and tells me he would like to meet outside. As we were walking out kind of was thinking that he was calling me as a zone leader since Tuesday is the transfer call day. NOPE not even close. Instead I was told I will go re-open some and completely open some areas way out of the way of anywhere I've been. I am literally the farthest a missionary can be in my mission. It is a placed called Konongo. There are two branches here that we are over and then another about a hour a way in Nkawkaw. The drive was amazing! Straight up jungle for most of the 5 hour ride up here from Accra. We live in an old bank so our apartment is huge! It is pretty dirty though.

We spent about 5 hours this morning cleaning it up. Yeah definitely will be a lot different then any where else I've served for sure. Especially since going to church yesterday in the two branches we had a lot of surprises. Even if I stay here for just one or two transfers this will be my most fruitful area for sure. I'm pretty excited. Plus I get to take some little cow trails around this town and some of the surrounding areas. I will have to travel a little bit to and from places which will be new. Konongo is population sized like Show Low but much more spread out. Much much more. It has rained here nearly everyday since we got here too so we'll see how that effects us as it is just barely the beginning of the rainy season and will get much worse. I think that is about all I really have in the way news. Any of questions? Love you guys!


Love Travis

No comments: