Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas Greetings from Ghana

So I am going to start writing a basic email that covers everything and
then will add little bits and pieces on the ends for the person it specifically
is getting sent to. Crazy to think that this is my last email of 2008. It was
great talking to everyone that I got to during my christmas call. Too bad
I wasn't able to talk to everyone. Maybe next time I'll catch the ones I
missed or something. I know you heard a lot of the bad things but really
it isn't too bad . . . I guess. I really do love it. Even though yeah the food is
horrible. Meat is expensive and not worth buying, milk comes as a powder,
cheese doesn't exist, but I'm starting to feel fat since I do live at the mission
home and get better food usually. My companion is a punk but he goes home
in like a transfer and a half so I don't really care. You gotta learn something
from everyone. OH and the people are normal. Some are fat and short, others
tall, some skinny. Just depends on the person. It sounded like I missed out on
a fun Christmas. Yes it definately is not that cold in my location. We are hitting
in the mid nineties during the day so yeah just a little different. I doubt I'll be
seeing any snow anytime soon, but good to hear you guys got to play in the snow.
Hey just think in 22 fast sundays, 16 more transfers, and after New Year's I can
say I'm going home next year, okay I don't remember the rest of the list the aps
told me but then I'll be the one reporting my mission instead of the two who you
said did in our ward. Hopefully I just get some crazy good experiences by then.
It was great to hear all of your voices too. It is crazy to think I've been gone a
month. It depends on the day but it usually doesn't really seem like it has been that
long. I guess time just flies by when you are surrounded by so much new stuff.

Yeah I am definately taking all of this as a learning experience so that I can know
exactly what NOT to do. Oh well it isn't all that terrible. Christmas sounds like it
as awesome for everyone. Mattie will love that bug collector once it warms up and
the big bugs start coming out. Oh I bet it was super nice to be able to just chill and
not worry about everything. I miss Heath and Cedar. The rich and poor is about
50-50 of our area. The poor mostly live in brick houses or houses made out of wood.
A lot of the houses around are nicer then the mission home since they are the rich.
The one major difference I have noticed so far is the quality of the food. The poor
make the same stuff but the quality makes it so that I can barely stomach it. Good
luck with everything. Love you guys.
Elder Gibson

No comments: