Wednesday, January 7, 2009

This week has been pretty good. We did a lot of contacting since we dropped a bunch of investigators since they haven't even attempted to come to church and just like our visits or something I guess. Umm . . . it is really cool that since we have been going to some of the same neighborhoods people and kids are getting over the fact that I'm white and will talk to me and stuff. Everyone still stares a lot. My favorite was this lady I started talking to and she acted surprised and said Wow! You're obruni (white man). I told her yes I am white, but I have this lovely message of the restoration of Christ's church in our time and I'd love to take some of your time and share it. She didn't really listen but oh well. It was pretty cool still. We are having a super p-day today. We are eating fish, disgusting nasty fish, and playing board games like scrabble. I'm not that excited but hopefully they were just joking. I met and talked to a family from Draper, UT that were in Sacrament Meeting. They are here adopting two children from an orphanage in Koforideua ( like a hour drive from Accra ) It was interesting to talk to one of the guys. He served his mission in Accra back in like 1992. He says not that much has really changed since then. Yes mom and dad we took care of our baptism and she even still comes to church. It is great. Everything else has been going pretty good. I bought a pineapple from a street vendor and mmmm was it good. My companion thinks it is weird that like twice this last week I would make my own little bit of rice and eat it plain with some cinnamon sugar and that is about it. He says you can't eat rice like that. I told him I was american and would do what I wanted. That is about it from this side of the ocean. Crazy to think we are in a new year and what not. Crazy to think that six months ago I opened my call. Time certainly is moving. I hope everyone is doing well!

On New Year's people here were lighting off some big fireworks and it was cool since it was right behind the mission home so I got to see them when they started but I went to bed after that. Mattie and Addison are just growing up crazy fast. By the time I get home I'll probably barley recognize them! That is cool the cardinals are in the playoffs, it'll mean more to me if they win. We'll see how it goes. Love you guys! Good luck this week!

No comments: