Sunday, March 22, 2009

News from Ghana

These are signs they put on a
dysfunctional bathroom at the stake center. I love
how they don't understand how to exactly speak
english. Oh and yes I know it is very junior high
humor, forgive.



Definitely a different feel this week with a new companion.
As I said last week Elder Molobi is his name-o. He is a botswana
( how they say it ) and is completely different from Elder Adams.
He has only had white companions which I thought was pretty
funny. He works pretty hard which is nice. We get lots done but
it seemed like this week no one was very serious about much of
anything. Since he came at the end of august and I came at the
end of november we are back to back mtc groups and also make
the youngest companionship in the mission since even with our
time put together we don't make a year. He is allergic to eggs,
dairy products, and a whole lot of other stuff. Found that out the
hard way when on Wednesday I made a sweet breakfast with
blueberry pancakes, eggs, and sausage oh and lots of toast with
jam. I had planned it with Elder Jorgensen ( one of the office
elders ) because it is some random holiday he knows and we just
don't really ever eat super good and I missed it. Anyway I offered
some to Elder Molobi and he started to eat and yeah got pretty
sick. Wasn't too bad, plus it left more food for Elder Jorgensen
and me.

Elder Jorgensen had gotten a package with JIF peanut butter in
it and WOW was that stuff amazing. Took me right back to
America with the flavor and quality, serious business. Teaching
Elder Molobi the area is pretty nice too. I get to go to all the places
I thought looked cool that Elder Adams didn't want to bother with or
whatever reason we didn't go around there. It is a slow process
which gets frustrating but usually it works out for the best in the
end. I got to bless the sacrament in church yesterday. It is
really interesting how different people can do the same thing
and it still have the same meaning and importance. Last night I
busted out the UNO cards I had and we played for about 2 hours.
I think I will have to watch out for my companion, he was really
really getting into the game and I think if he isn't
careful he might become addicted or something crazy like that.

I talked to an american lawyer at church and he was talking so
fast I could barely understand him. I guess I'm getting used to the
language around here. I love you guys
Elder Gibson


This picture is of Guiness Malta or in other words non alcholic
beer. Yeah it makes me want to vomit everytime I drink it
but the people here love it because it fills you up. Any of the
weight I have gained has been from this but it is going to my
face and my body is getting smaller so I don't know what is up.
I'll have to work on that or something. I'll challenge anyone
to a chug fest of it when we get home, pretty sure I'll win.
Anyway there you go.

No comments: