Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Ghana

So this week was definitely an interesting one. I'd say the real
excitement started about Wednesday and it just took off from
there. About the whole bike thing . . . I'm pretty sure either I'm
cursed or my bike is. We were coming back from a suburb called
Jamestown which is like a 35 min bike ride or so and just maybe
I might have got in a little head on collision incident with a
motorcycle. I was in the middle of two lanes of traffic waiting for
a gap to cross when this guy came up and pretty much we hit each
other. Yeah it was pretty tense for sure. Pretty much he ended up
on the ground and I ended up falling into a red van and denting
one panel with my back. Everyone was alright except for my bike.
The front tire is way bent along with the handlebars. The front
forks got a little tweaked too but not too bad. The worst part of
it all since I was white I got blamed with it being my fault and
had to pay the guy 10 cedis (pretty much the same as a dollar)
but it was all good. I got to walk back to the mission home carrying
my bike. So I am using a bike of an elder that went home waiting
to see if they can fix mine. I don't think they will be able to so yeah
oh well. I'm just lucky it wasn't any worse then it was.


These are two kids from the Agyemany Manu Family.
Their dad who isn't a member is way big into the
government, of the losing party who got replaced in
this last election. We go to their house every other
Monday for FHE since they feed us really good. The
youngest one thinks that one of the elders in the office is
my robot, his name is junior and he is 9 I think.


My next adventure was that the next day I had zone conference
and as Sister Smith, mission mom, was asking me all these
questions to make sure I was okay and didn't have any open
cuts or scrapes since staph infection is very very big around
here I thought of the cut on my leg that hadn't closed very
much. She had me go see Dr. Stubbs who is the Africa West
Area doctor. He looked at it and told me I had a small staph
infection and that I needed to stop using the triple antibiotic
I brought from home and to use the good stuff he prescribed
for me. It is pretty much all the way closed now so
it is all good.



I thought the clouds looked like angel wings plus
they just look really cool!


I got to do a service project for a family in my ward this week.
Okay basically we just worked so they'd feed us but that
was good enough for me. Their house is really really really nice.
Like marble floors, ornate everything, just way nice. The house
isn't anything like what I'd want though, it is all prissy and no
comfort. They do have a cool staircase, reminds me of something
that Ryan would make and what not.

Pretty much the only other thing is that we got the transfer call
and I'm staying in Christiansborg Area. I'm pretty excited means
I get to send my companion home and I still have a washer and
dryer to use. Oh! We got a new fridge and it is really nice cause it
actually works! I bought a Ghana flag this week, just a small one.
I like it. I hope you guys are enjoying the life back home!


This is the President's house. Every time I see it I think the
star wars theme should be playing in the background!

No comments: