Saturday, April 25, 2009

Transfer

So I found out about my transfer on Saturday and was transferred
on Wednesday since most of you seemed like you wanted to know.
There is a delay but not too big. My new area is called
Lartebiokorshie. I wasn't sure if I had spelled it right last week.
It is a pretty cool place. Okay so it isn't really seeming like it is too
different from my last area besides less businesses and more
houses which will definitely be good. It is nice to kind of be
lost. In my old area I'd always just be thinking about where
I am and how many possible ways I could have to get
wherever we were going. Here I only know how to get
back to the apartment and the church. Elder Menyah is a
funny guy. He is really trunky I think, but he sort of just
hides it since he is our zone leader.

My apartment is really big. Like last night Elder Richards
(the English elder) sat down on facing couches and passed a
soccer ball back and forth. He is pretty funny though so I kept
missing the ball. There is a mango tree in the back of our
apartment which I'm pretty excited for. The second crop
should start ripening pretty soon so expect mango
adventures 2 sometime in the near future. Going to be
bigger and better, I hope. Then again how hard is it going
to be to build on the last one since then I didn't even get any
mangoes? There was a guy at church yesterday who had a
sack of coconuts on his head that walked into the church
compound and started chopping them to sell with his
machetes because he thought people would buy. I guess
he didn't know that LDS people don't buy on the sabbath.
He got really angry but couldn't do anything since no one had
called him over. I guess crazy stuff just happens anywhere.


Going to a mall was a definite upgrade from the average
day to day happenings. My companion is pretty cool he is
just on the downhill slide and wants to go home. He'll leave
about my one year mark.

No comments: