Monday, April 27, 2009

HELLOOOOO

HELLO . . . out there. This week has been pretty chill.
Yesterday at church (stake conference) they said our
conference weekend will be next week. I think we only
get to watch one session though so I guess we'll see which
one I'll see. Last Monday after we left to come to the internet
cafe one elder decided to clean up our yard. He raked the
leaves together and everything and since it is Ghana style to
burn them that is what he did. Too bad he didn't take in
account the wind and all the smoke went directly to where
we have our clothes lines. Luckily my clothes didn't smell
that smokey since they were on the farthest back line. I
didn't have to rewash. Though my clothes had a faint barbecue
smell. I went on splits this week.

My companion went with our District leader and I went
with his into their area. The guy I was with came out the
end of January because he played football at BYU this last
semester as a redshirt. His name is Elder Beeston and he is
a pretty cool guy. For Chet and Kristin it might be interesting
to know that he is actually from Edmond, OK. He is pretty
funny. Though one guy tried to stop us when we were riding
our bikes because we were white. He asked to see our
licenses, which aren't required in the city I'm in. It got a
little tense between him and Elder Beeston. It ended up
that I started talking to him and asking questions and what
not until he was confused and just walked away.

Stake Conference was really good. My favorite speaker
was a member of the stake presidency named Quasisie
(pronounced Kw-esi). He had us over for FHE in my old
area. When he talks it is just like listening to a general
authority at conference. He talked about repentance and
how it can apply to everything. Plus how for us ( younger
generation ) it is so crucial with all the dangers out there.
That we are human and that we shouldn't look at repentance
as something to avoid but something to embrace so that it
can heal. It was just really good. I hope everything is
going great!

There isn't one from Gilbert now but I've heard he will
be coming in July. I think his last name is Prince. The only
other arizona native is from Thatcher and is an elder thatcher

No comments: