Sunday, June 7, 2009

So my mistake but I horribly misspelled Ashaiman. <---- That is
the correct way. It is really close to Tema. In fact right now I'm
in Tema using a cafe that a member owns. It was really weird
about saying goodbye to everyone in Lartebiokorshie. I hadn't been
there for very long but I did feel pretty close to some of the
people. Especially the Ansah Family. It was bad luck that I missed
out on seeing Cindy getting a baptized but haukuna matah? I
did spend some quality time on Tuesday teaching the two guys
basically a crash couse in Mission Prep. That was pretty interesting.


To get to my new area on Wednesday we go to the Mission Home
and meet up with someone from our new area. I met up with Elder
Hortin. One of the missionaries I was at the MTC with. We took a
taxi to the Kufor (ex-president) Bus Station. Imagine really
crappy greyhounds painted super bright orange. Yeah took one
of those to Ashaiman and from there took a taxi to our new
apartment. I didn't meet my companion right away he was out
teaching a lesson with a ward missionary. After he came back
there was only small time left to go out prosleyting. Elder Riding
took me around and mostly just showed me a few people who live
near the apartment. The apartment is really nice. There are four
elders there. One thing that is really cool are the doors in our
apartment. They are very well carved. In my new area there are
a ton of people. They are basically building on top of each other now.
It is nice but at the same time they yell OBRUNI OBRUNI!!!! a
thousand times a day and it sometimes gets on my nerves. I am
just like yes I'm white, your powers of observation amaze me.
Except they don't really get sarcasm here so they just get confused.

Saturday it started to rain about 2:30 in the morning and didn't
stop till about noon. It was nice as it turned the road in front of
our apartment into a river. Elder Riding is pretty legit. He
speaks very very excellent twi. Also he can cook almost all the
ghanaian dishes, at least the ones worth eating. He is from Payson,
Utah.

My area now seems to be a really nice place. Lots of people and
what not. A few of the people I've met seem to be really serious.
Hopefully they stay that way!

love Elder Gibson

2 comments:

Tyler, Kamry, Jaxxen, Madexx and Nixxen said...

I dont know if I am allowed to leave a comment but I founf this blog and my little brother was just called to serve in the Ghana Accra Mission last night. We are so excited for him. He is coming from Mesa Arizona and I dont think he could be any more excited! He reports in October 2009. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us. Im sorry if we are not allowed to leave comments.

Tyler, Kamry, Jaxxen, Madexx and Nixxen said...

Sorry again but I noticed your from Northern AZ? My husband is from SHow Low. Small world