Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Well not going to lie this has been quite possibly the hardest
week that I have ever had, and it was even only my 7 month
mark. Lots of downs and not too many ups. First off I will no
longer be able to send pictures. Unfortunately someone
decided that they needed it more then me. After that our
apartment got broken into and trashed. That sucked to clean
up and see other stuff that went missing. I guess someone else
needed that stuff more then me too. Uh after that my bike
( too bad it wasn't stolen ) decided it wanted to quit as we were
riding down a hill. Had a little tumble but it was cool I at least
stopped before rolling into the river that is made from all the
sewer run off. Yeah that was basically all the stuff that was a slap
in the face.

We were able to get our baptism taken care of on Saturday. So
John, Louis, and Nathaniel were able to be baptized. It was sweet
to get to baptize Nat. He is a 20 year old college student and is
just a sweet guy. Kind of could see if were both were just going to
school we'd go hang out. It was funny because the guy from the
ward who was suppose to baptize them called and said his wife
was sick and couldn't come. So I got to do it, wearing little kids
clothes. All the baptismal clothes were in use due to our baptism
being combined with another ward. I even let Louis wear the
clothes I have so it was really funny to look at myself in the
mirror.

One other thing is that due to the high percentage of Muslims
in my area I randomly started to pick up on the language they
speak. It is similar to Arabic. It is called Hauser or Hausa, no one
here knows how to spell it either so I'm okay. It is pretty cool.
So now I can basically hold a basic conversation( greeting, name,
where they live, etc.) in Twi, Ga, Fante, and now Hauser.
Hopefully I can become somewhat proficient in them. It was sweet
on Sunday too as we started Sacrament meeting with no
investigators present and then they started marching in during
the hymn and prayer. Most of them credited the rain slowing
them down and that they would have gotten there eventually.
It was nice to see them though. To be honest that is about all I
have for the week. It was kind of a downer but when you get
kicked down the best thing to do is get up and act like it didn't
hurt and get on with it. Good luck to everybody.

Elder G

No comments: