Friday, August 7, 2009

7-13-09 Update

This week was a fairly interesting one for sure. Tuesday when Michael Jackson was buried it was a useless 4 hours. Everyone was watching. There were even people who were out on the streets watching at the places they sell tv's. People were just glued in for sure. I realized this week that I am starting to speak in broken English. Yeah, guess I'm just losing everything Ms. Cunningham instilled in me. Obama coming to visit definitely was interesting. Didn't really know that he was coming at all. Not until we went out and started proselyting and people asked why we weren't going to greet our President. Oops, missed the invite I guess. I didn't really have much more affected though. I guess travel from place to place was pretty bad though. Lots and lots of security around going and coming from Accra. Our bishop invited us over for dinner one night. His wife was really funny. She brought out spoons and all this stuff for us to eat our fufu and she about fell over in shock when we said we didn't them. Another funny thing is I saw a guy in my area using a little league batting helmet as his helmet for when he rides his motorcyle. One of our investigators, George Nsonswah, we found out makes toliet paper. We are trying to get a hook up to tour the factory one of these p-days. Sunday as we were out teaching we saw a guy with a truck that had Arizona painted on it. I contacted him and told him I was from Arizona. He got really excited and told me he loves that country and wants to go there. I told him it was nice place and that I missed it. That was about it. This upcoming week we are going to have a missionary sacrament. We will talk and I think teach the classes too. That is our whole focus is member missionary work. Anyway good luck this week!

No comments: