Friday, August 7, 2009

7-27-09 Update

Another week come and gone. This week was pretty nice. It went by really fast. Maybe because one of the days we went on a split and so I was in a different area. Definitely makes the time go by when it is all new. I was with Elder Hortin which was really fun since we came at the same time. We spent a lot of time talking about how quickly the past 8 months have passed for us. Something that was cool when we were on splits was that we skipped rocks and talked to some investigators. Reminded me of being at the creek by the fields and skipping rocks with Shelly and Austin back when I was little. This Sundy we did a Missionary Sacrament Meeting. I gave a talk talking about the worth of souls and how great the member's joy could be if they helped bring but one soul. I hope that all of the things about Missionary work will help them to support us a little bit more. Something that was really touching actually came from about 20mins I spent in the nursery. We were kind of asked to come in and gentle the kids down somehow. Ended up we taught them a song. I don't remember the title but the words were Jesus said love everyone, treat them kindly too. When your heart is filled with love other will love you. It was pretty sweet to watch all these little kids singing and then looking at how to apply the same things to what we do when we teach other people. I liked it. After church we went on a split again because we needed three candidates to be interviewed so Elder Hortin and I went to his area again. Our first stop was a member who offered to feed us. They were expecting 4 Elders though. They brought out plates that had 3 or 4 cups of rice out for each of us. It was decent rice with garden egg (unripened eggplant) stew. Even had goat in it. After eating neither Elder Hortin or I could move and as we got outside and moving I ended up throwing part of it up on the ground. I was glad I did though because Elder Hortin was miserable the rest of the night. I was even able to have a little bit of ice cream from a plastic bag. Reminded me of going to Grandma's house every Sunday and just enjoying. Yeah that is about it for my week.

No comments: