Monday, November 2, 2009

Glad this week was Halloween. A lot of strange things that aren't really explainable any other way went down. One of them was that our iron completely stopped working when I was using it. I was ironing my shirt trying to get ready to sell myself for the day and it just quit having any heat. Something must have gotten messed up with the current I guess. Strangely enough our office elders passed by and had fresh out the box iron for us to take. Just some funny things like that. I even found this place that sells American candy too. A lady or her sister something travels to America and she brought a bunch of like sam's club big bags of things. It is this little salon thing on kind of an out of the way road. No one buys it besides me so I keep trying to have them lower the price of the pieces. I went on a split this week and it was amazing how relaxed it was. I didn't really have to worry as much about the entire day. It was a nice break for sure. Elder Richards the English guy is getting ready to go home for sure. There was one day that he had his companion put on his socks and shoes and then his tie too. Luckily he was just messing around and being funny.

The first one is of a girl in the ward. We ate fufu at her house.


A recent convert that was baptized before I came named Justice told us a sweet story about how he was reading his Book of Mormon and as he described it his room filled with light. It was a cool story to hear from him. This week was also a week of white people. It seems like they descended on Kaneshie in their numbers. First was these 4 German girls who are teaching here and were buying food on the street. Then there were these 2 Canadians who I met in kind of a grocery store though to you it would seem more like a gas station. It was pretty cool to talk to them. I got a taste of what missionaries in those respective countries go through as we tried to contact. It was met with much more limited success. Saturday brought a whole different kind of problem. There was a marathon that had part of its course go through our area. Man definitely was not the place for a white guy on a bike to be. The spectators were not serious. It was all good nothing bad really happened.

The Halloween ties we bought, Tried doing creepy/scary faces
and just got the stalker stare.


With it being Halloween I decided to introduce a sweet tradition of carving the whole jack o lantern. Too bad we couldn't find any pumpkins. So kind of looking at our options I was like watermelons would work. Yeah you need to check out the pictures because yeah it was great. It was sweet as we put them on a bench on the side of our apartment all glowy and such. Even better was when late late late Saturday night our landlord's son who lives in the hostel in front of our apartment comes knocking on the door asking if they were ours. I guess some of the people in the hostel had come back from partying/whatever and had gotten scared. I guess a few of our neighbors got superstitious thinking that we were casting spells and performing juju and what not. Probably was bad planning on my part. Should of guessed that someone would look at a watermelon and their thoughts go to dark sinister arts. The best thing is that no one besides landlord junior knows that they were ours.


These are the watermelons that we started with

Elder Richards first reaction was to do


Some reason I was the only one capable of scooping
them out without destroying them.

May I introduce you to Kwame the pumpkin and his pet agyinamoa.

So Sunday we got to watch two sessions of conference. We were able to see Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning. It was really good. Though it was very long for a few of our investigators. It was way good about some of the talks that were given. I really enjoyed President Monson's from Sunday morning. A lot of the things that he shared about service I guess helped me to see I can do a better job. It was really sweet though because when they showed the Tabernacle Choir I saw Mr. Hansen and Elder Richards saw some guy that is English that had talked at one of his stake conferences or something. With it being fast Sunday we also went to Momma Lee's. We didn't get to stay too long because another family invited us to eat grass cutter (muskrat). It might of been good though because a few missionaries was looking at Momma Lee's pictures and some of them went missing so we weren't there for all that drama.


Though its face is definitely a little crooked. Hope everyone enjoys them.

No comments: