Monday, November 16, 2009

Well what a week. Last Monday we went to the house of a member of the stake presidency for a Family Home Evening since Elder Frimpong and Ezinwa were both leaving our ward. Too bad I almost got left by the trotro we were riding in. It works like a bus and lets people off along the way. So I had to move to let someone get out and the trotro took off without letting me get back in. I had to chase it down the road banging on the side of it so they would listen to the missionaries left inside. Then that same trotro decided he was going to be king of the road and not let someone merge in from the main traffic. So then we had a drag race. Thankfully some lady with a baby freaked out at our driver and told him to be serious and then insulted him. It was great. I was so glad that we could get off of that ride.

Wednesday was transfers and I was pretty nervous picking up my new companion. Ends up that out of a group of 15 elders I got the one that was from Sierra Leone. His name is Elder Saidu. He is way chill but being with him just kind of makes me wonder if when I first started if I was kind of so out of place. Don't remember it quite like this but who knows. It is a pretty good time though. He is a funny guy though he is kind of quiet. I got to help breast feed a few rabbits this week. Oh and yes a picture is attached. I had a guy tell me after reading the pamphlet that Joseph Smith was looking for a True Lady. I thought that was great. Mostly because I think the guy was drunk when he called us but hey he at least read it! Elder Saidu has a little bit of a language barrier with the Ghanaians. Mostly of them think he is Muslims because of his name and don't get his English and want him to speak Hausa, the language Muslims speak. It is really funny to most people we meet that I have to step in and act like a translator. It is pretty fun though. I decided that puppies have to be one of God's greatest creations. One member named Abigail has two and I love playing with them when we go to teach her daughter Leticia, who we are hoping to have baptized. Something that I'm really disappointed about this week was on Saturday I started to bash with a guy about churches. Thankfully I have been able to stay away from it but I don't know why Saturday just came out. It was amazing to contrast how everything is different. The whole feel of the lesson changes for sure. I guess it goes to show that truly the spirit of contention is of the devil. Even after we left that appointment and went to others I still just had a sick feeling in my stomach and it seemed like it took a long time to go away. It is pointless to continue on in that kind of discussion and at least Elder Saidu was able to realize it early. That is about all that really happened with us this week.

This upcoming week we are planning on having a baptism. We have to have some interviews done though. One for abortion and another for someone being in a polygamist relationship. It kind of wears on you when you have to keep doing interview after interview for your candidates. It is crazy to see how lightly most people treat those kind of things though for sure. Today has been pretty sweet. A missionary whose parents came to pick him up ate lunch with us. His name is Elder Boam. He is from Utah and now well he'll be home in less then 24 hours. The best part was his parents bought us pizza! Wow did it taste amazing! I love you guys!

Sometimes everything seems like such so small coincidences that we miss out on how big the little miracles actually are. I love you guys!
love elder gibson

No comments: